Abortion is one of the most debatable and controversial issues that exist today in our society. There are people who support the idea that it should be a choice of each and every woman – whether to do it or not, while others claim that no one has a power to decide, whether to bring life on the planet, or put an end to it. As for me, I have done a certain research on the subject and I found out that there is no other right variant for me, than to choose life. I will explain what I mean.
No matter, how we persuade ourselves, every woman that decides to put an end to her pregnancy understands that it is wrong. It couldn’t be another way, as our instinct tells us that it is absolutely unnatural to decide for another human being, whether he should live or die. Yes, they can come up with different excuses, but it in no case changes the sense of their action, the action that will cost life to their child.
It was scientifically proven that children in uterus start perceiving things very early. Their heart starts beating on the sixth week, and brain starts working at the same time. So, when abortion is done, it is in fact the end of life of a human being that already can feel and think. If I were in such a situation, I just couldn’t have taken the responsibility for someone else’s life. I know that I am responsible for myself – I can, for instance, smoke, consume alcohol and spoil my own health in this way – it will be my choice, and indeed no one can make me stop it unless I want. But when we speak of unborn children – what kind of choice is this? This is not…
Second Claim Paragraph
Another reason abortion [should/should not] be legal is [that/the fact that] [provide your second claim for or against the legality of abortion.]
Another reason abortion [is/is not] [moral/ethical] is [that/the fact that] [provide your second claim about the moral or ethical status of abortion.]
- Abortion is a fundamental right guaranteed by the constitution (Roe vs. Wade)
- Abortion is a women's right to make decisions about her own body
- Abortion is not painful to the fetus
- Abortion, when legal, is safer
- Abortion can be a good financial decision
- Abortion is wrong because it is equivalent to the murder of a human being
- Life begins at conception, so fetuses have human rights
- Abortion is painful to the fetus
- Abortions can cause psychological trauma
- Abortion can cause major medical problems for the mother